Thursday, September 9, 2010

Photos of you that I love

I recently went through some onld files/photos on my computer and thought I'd post a few that stirred something in me.


This is the closest naked photo I'll probably ever post. It's you wrapped in a towel after a bath. You always loved being carried out to the couch in the living room, wrapped in a big towel, and 'plopped' you on the cushions... we'd giggle and laugh while getting your pj's on.
You were always one to make faces... funny ones mostly. Trying to make everyone laugh or be shocked. You were so adorable!
Some times, you were contemplative. I remember you calling me over while you were drinking milk on the couch (probably watching tv). You wanted me to look in your glass....
"Look, Gramma.... It's smiling!"
This made me laugh, RIGHT OUT LOUD!!!...hahahahaha

You always wanted to play outside!! ALWAYS! Mom would have to make you get your shoes on ( you didn't even want to do that-- it took too much time!)

Can you tell mom was pleased by your haircut that Aunt Jannie (Janet) gave you? I really liked your natural curly hair. Mom unfortunately didn't, ... maybe it made her think of your heritage (she had a hard time with reminders of certain people- namely your biological dad).

On to better 'dad's'.... This guy is your Papa! My best friend. You always love doing things with him. Didn't matter what!

Looks like you had a million dollars in your hand!! (it was a paint swatch from the home depot store.)
 This was you in your first bed. You looked comfy. I always felt bad that it was in the basement/cellar. The walls had paneling, but the ceiling had beams, pipes (some of which you used to try and hang from!), then we insulated it, but never covered it (the ceiling). See those sheets? They were from when I had my first apartment in 1973!!
You used to love sitting in the middle of leaf piles.... Never liked the bath I'd give you after, though...LOL
You loved to look cute, and you had the cutest belly!
I have always loved you to death!! We were always the bestest of friends! I love you.
This was a fun day... drawing hopscotch on the driveway with chalk and riding our bikes! Okay, maybe I wasn't quite the right size for the bike, but I tried! I bought that tricycle for you from the St Mary's (our/your church) Dayschool, when it disbanded, for $5. Sturdy little bugger!!
Hope you enjoyed looking at these. I'll post more as I come across them.

No comments:

Post a Comment